Why do we go through trials
We all go through trials. These trials can come in many shapes and sizes. Yet, we are not tested against more than we can handle.
Many people ask "why"? Why me? why this?"
Here are some answers to "why" you are going through this trial:
- To make you into the image of His son, Jesus
- To bring you into the right relationship with God
- Your quality is being tested
- everyone must be tested to see their worth
- consider it a workout for your spirit/faith
- if the trial is causing you pain, you have a weakness or stronghold that you must overcome (with God's help) or you will be tested again
- Our Heavenly Father wants a close relationship with you, satan wants to pull you away
- satan uses fear and lies to manipulate you (and others)
- Faith is of the Father.
- For the Father's Glory to be revealed
- to correct your heart attitude
 The Tests
God does not tempt us. He allows satan to tempt. God gives us free will to chose Him. He will not force us. As we chose satan's way, it might seem easier or seem better, or the world's way etc - but it will only lead to more pain and an opportunity to be tested again.
When you studied in school, you had to take a final at the end to move to the next class. These trials are very much like this. As you get more spiritually mature, the trials can become more intense. As you learn more spiritual things that make you a threat to satan, he continues to apply pressure in attempts to 'depress' you. satan can speak lies to you so that you begin thinking wrong. Or others will come against you that give you and opportunity to go in the wrong direction.
 The Correct Answers
Do not be decieved by your own emotions. Emotions lead a person down the wrong path. However, it was the wrong thinking that got your emotions going. You must change your thinking to match God's thinking. No one can hurt you if you walk in love.
God will never go against His written word (the Scriptures / the Bible). If you want to know God's plan for your life, then you need to understand His scripture on those topics (or find someone who does). Pray on those topics and ask The Father for wisdom.
 What's inside of you
If you want to know what is truly inside someone, wait to see how they react when they are in a trial and heat/pressure is being applied. What is truly inside of them will come out. You might be surprised what has poured out of you during a painful trial. The words spoken will show the person's heart.
Beloved, do not be amazed and bewildered at the fiery ordeal which is taking place to test your quality, as though something strange (unusual and alien to you and your position) were befalling you. But insofar as you are sharing Christ's sufferings, rejoice, so that when His glory [full of radiance and splendor] is revealed, you may also rejoice with triumph [exultantly]. 1 Peter 4:12-13
- whatever is put into the fire and is not consumed
- compare how metal is purified